By accessing this site, you agree to be bound by these terms. Please read them carefully. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms you should not access or view this site.
References to “Inform“, “we”, “us” and “our” are references to Inform and their respective affiliates.
- The information contained in this site is intended for general information purposes only. Inform has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this site is accurate at the time of inclusion; however, there may be inaccuracies and occasional errors for which Inform shall not be held liable and apologizes.
- Inform makes no representations or warranties about the information provided through this site, or other items used either directly or indirectly from this site. Inform accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in this site and any decisions based on information contained in the site are the sole responsibility of the visitor.
- Inform reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this site and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
- This site may include links to other websites operated by parties other than Inform. We are not responsible for the content of the linked websites and therefore we bear no responsibility for the information contained in the latter that may be linked to our site by means of a hyperlink.
- This site features intellectual property notably trademarks and copyrights that are Inform‘s sole property and protected by intellectual property laws. Some written material contained on this site may be licensed from third parties, and any copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights on such content belong to the respective third parties. You may display this site for your own non-commercial use. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, creation of derivative works, display or transmission of this site, use of any content on this site, for commercial or public purposes, is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Inform. You may not frame this site nor link it to a page without our express permission.
- You shall not use this site for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene within the meaning of the Obscene Publications Act or other applicable legalization, or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages that may interfere with the operation of this site or with the enjoyment of this site by other visitors.
- You hereby agree to indemnify Inform against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded to Inform as a result of your misuse of this site or your breach of these terms.
- If you are in breach of these terms, Inform may as its option, suspend or block your access to this site and refuse to provide you with any further access to it.
- This site is provided to you free of charge, and neither Inform nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies shall be held liable for any damages or injury whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use or inability to use this site, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages or injury. Inform accepts no liability for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of whatsoever kind resulting from whatever cause through the use of any content obtained either directly or indirectly from this site. Your sole remedy against us for use of the site or any content is to discontinue using this site.
- Inform reserves the right to amend or update the terms without prior notice. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.
- Our Data Protection and Research Ethics page further describes the collection and use of information for inform research and archival purposes.
- Inform shall not be liable for the behavior of any third party and/or employee which information and/or work and/or material are displayed on the website and shall not be liable for the content of the information displayed on the same.
- Inform may select and display all or part of the work, including notably but not only logos, videos, case studies, brochures, books, of all or some of its clients at its full discretion. Inform does not endorse the clients, the work and/or material of its clients that are displayed on the website.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law regardless of where the user is based. Any dispute arising from the use of the site shall be resolved by the courts of England and Wales.
- In the event that any or any part of the provisions contained in these terms shall be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such provision shall to that extent be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We respect your right to the privacy of the personal information you provide us on our site.
For your convenience, this site contains links to a number of other websites, both inside and outside Inform. The policies and procedures described here do not apply to those sites; we suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
Personal information collection and use
All staff members have a responsibility to safeguard the confidentiality of enquirers and informants and to record any information received from them accurately.
We use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mails we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. We may take note of phone numbers or addresses as part of an ongoing enquiry. These personal details will only be used to make direct communications with you for the purpose of meeting your ongoing requests and are not shared with outside parties.
All personal information given by enquirers is treated as highly confidential. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent it is necessary to complete your express requests.
We may refer to that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our services. We may use that information to contact you. We will not transfer the personal information you provide at this site to any third party unless otherwise disclosed to you.
We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information without your consent except (i) as described in this policy, or (ii) as required by law, court order or as requested by other government or law enforcement authority.
It should be noted that Inform does not enjoy legal privilege. This means that it is not protected by law from disclosure (the withholding of information). However, Inform has fought (successfully) in a court of law to protect the anonymity of its informants.
Inform will hold your information in our public interest archive unless you expressly ask us to delete or anonymise the information. All access to highly confidential information in our archive is strictly controlled and only available to Inform Staff and vetted researchers who sign an agreement to keep all personal information confidential. For more information please see our Data Protection and Research Ethics page.
Inform is the Data Controller for the personal data that we process and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Non-personal information collection and use
In common with many commercial organizations we monitor the use of this site by collecting aggregate information. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use, the pages you visit or the website which directed you to our site. You cannot be identified from this information and it is used only to assist us in providing an effective service on this site.
Security of your personal data
We are using technologies and policies with the objective of protecting your information from unauthorised access and improper use and will update these measures as appropriate and as new technologies become available. Regardless of these efforts, we cannot fully guarantee the security or confidentiality of the information you provide to us.
Accuracy of personal information
Inform makes reasonable efforts to keep personal information in its possession or control, which is used on an ongoing basis (such as on mailing lists), accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information provided to us. It is the responsibility of each individual to ensure that the personal information relating to them is accurate, complete and current. The views and opinions expressed on the site are not necessarily those of its parent company, or any of its member companies. The information contained in this site is taken from sources believed to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
How you can access your personal information
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold on you personally upon request and can requested that it be deleted at any time.
To request a copy of your own personal information please write to:
c/o Dept. of Theology and Religious Studies
Virginia Woolf Building
London WC2B 6LE
This site is copyrighted by Inform; all rights reserved.