Policy for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
Inform accords the highest importance to the safeguarding and care of all Governors, staff, volunteers and people who use its services. In conformity with legislation and accepted good practice, Inform is committed to the following principles:
- The selection and training of all Governors, staff and volunteers will be conducted in accordance with the requirements of current legislation and good practice for Safer Recruitment.
- Staff working with vulnerable adults in any way, or with children, should have the appropriate Data Barring Service clearance.
- On receiving notification of any allegation that a child, young person or adult may have been harmed, Inform will respond immediately and in full co-operation with the police and other relevant authorities.
- Inform will direct any victims of abuse towards appropriate sources of care and support.
- Inform will take steps to help the survivors of sexual abuse to avoid the possibility of further harm and abuse.
- Inform is committed to challenging all abuses of power, especially by people in a position of trust.
- All complaints should be addressed in the first instance to the Chair of the Board of Governors.